Remove " Theme by Colorlib Powered by WordPress" from Footer

Hi,

I tried to remove the " Theme by Colorlib Powered by WordPress" from Footer but I did not find the related code.
I could add the following lines : to Appearence > customize > Footer :
<a
href=“http://kiarayew.com/”
title=“KiaraYew”>KiaraYew All rights reserved.
But couldn’t delete the existing ones.

Regards,
Adriana

Hi Adriana,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this by using the custom child theme of Sparkling theme shared in the following topic that contains some custom code.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/remove-theme-by-colorlib-powered-by-wordpress/

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin!

Thanks for notices!
I installed the child theme but lost some of my custom CSS from the active parent theme.
What should I do?
Regards,
Adriana

Could you please tell me where had you added the custom CSS code?

Can you readd it again now?

Hi,

My code was placed in Appearance > Theme > customize> Additional CSS.
And it was for the colors of the buttons, to have a drop down menu, to have a Read More button on home page and so on…
What should I do with this code? Should I place it again in the child theme in the same place?
From now on I should make all the customizations in the child theme?
Is it ok for my site to do so?
Thanks for responding so quickly!
Regards,
Adriana

PS : My code until now :slight_smile: is here below :

*/
/Heading color/
h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, .h1, .h2, .h3, .h4, .h5, .h6 {
color: #855aa5;
}
/Change active and hover color/ ul.dropdown-menu {

background-color: #3A3A3A;
}

.dropdown-menu > li > a {

color: #fff;
}

#page .dropdown-menu a:hover {

background-color: transparent !important;
color: #855aa5 !important;
}

body.home a.more-link {
display: block;
color: #855aa5;
}

body.home a.more-link {
font-size: 0;
}
body.home a.more-link:before {
content: “Read More”;
display: block;
float: right;
margin-top: 10px;
font-size: 12px;
padding: 11px 13px;
background-color: #855aa5;
border-color: #855aa5;
color: #FFF;
text-transform: uppercase;
border-radius: 4px;
}

What should I do with this code? Should I place it again in the child theme in the same place? From now on I should make all the customizations in the child theme? Is it ok for my site to do so?

Yes please add it in the style.css file of your child theme.

I don’t mean to be rude, but why is it so hard to remove the code for ‘Powered by Wordpress’? Other themes make it really easy to do. I understand you’re advertising, but some people think it takes away from the professionalism of their site.
Can you just make it easier please?
Thank you.

Hey there,
Thank you for keeping in touch

As an alternative you can directly edit the theme file.
In shapely > inc > extras.php
line 208-211, you can comment out this line of code which will remove the powered by colorlib and WordPress.
Leaving only the text in the footer customizer.
As suggested it would be best to do this with a child theme.

/*function sparkling_footer_info() {
global $sparkling_footer_info;
  printf( esc_html__( 'Theme by %1$s Powered by %2$s', 'sparkling' ) , '<a href="http://colorlib.com/" target="_blank">Colorlib</a>', '<a href="http://wordpress.org/" target="_blank">WordPress</a>');
}
*/

Best Regards,
Support

Ok,… so

Style.css file is the same with Appearance > Theme > customize> Additional CSS :slight_smile: ?

Thanks,
Adriana

Style.css file is the same with Appearance > Theme > customize> Additional CSS ? ?

Not sure what you meant here as these are two different things and it’s better to save custom CSS code in the Additional CSS option.

I’m using Travelify theme and I’m not sure how to use a child theme or do CSS. I’m not technical. Is it possible for Colorlib to make this process easier? Perhaps by not having the “Powered by” hard coded so it can be easily changed in the php code? Like most other themes do?
Please and thank you.

Hello @beth,

I hope you are doing well today.

Using a child theme is alot easier with the aid of a plugin called the Child Theme Configurator:

As it goes for CSS and PHP, there are alot of changes that a user may want to make that cannot be predicted before hand and the the only option is to edit the CSS or PHP code. Now, we have made it easier to edit the CSS via the additional CSS option, which allows you to easily manage the CSS added to the theme.

Best Regards,
Support

On June 21, 2017 at 1:39 am Post #104314 you stated that I “can directly edit the theme file. In shapely > inc > extras.php line 208-211, you can comment out this line of code which will remove the powered by colorlib and WordPress.”

I followed your instructions and when I pushed “Update File” button, I got the following ERROR page:

“Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<’ in /home/content/81/5288481/html/blog/wp-content/themes/sparkling/inc/extras.php on line 231”

so I hit the back button to restore the code to the way it was and pushed the “Update File” buttom again and still got the same error message. I am not sure what I did wrong.

Please advise.
Thanks
Paul

@Paul

On June 21, 2017 at 1:39 am Post #104314 you stated that I “can directly edit the theme file. In shapely > inc > extras.php line 208-211, you can comment out this line of code which will remove the powered by colorlib and WordPress.”

The instructions are for Shapely theme but you are implementing it on Sparkling theme which is wrong so first tell us which theme you are using so that we can guide you appropriately to achieve this.

I am commenting this Today been the 08-12-2020
In case if the question has been resolved,but if not I have a well explained suggestion that worked for me now…
TO remove ‘Theme by Colorlib Powered by Wordpress’ entirely please follow this style…
Login to your WordPress dashboard and click on Appearance >>》Theme Editor>>》Library >>》Structure >>》Footer-extensions.php. then remove the section of the file that says " Displays footer credit" "

At the above picture number 6 is where you will delete all the credit…delete or decorate your own designs, I remove my own entirely