Hide mouseover tooltips

Hello everybody,
I use the BOXUS HTML template:
I created a gallery, where you click on one placeholder image to open a little slideshow.
I assigned titles to the photos. But now, when mousing over the placeholder image, those titles pop up like tool tips, even revealing some of the code like the <br>.
How can I get rid of the titles showing up?
Thanks,
Dan

hi Dan

Probably you broke something in the code :slight_smile: May I take a look? please provide url

Hi Noda,
thanks for your reply.
My website is at www.schuerer.comThe issue is in the portfolio section, when you mouseover the black/white images.
Cheers,
Dan

Hey Dan

Ok, I see the website and portfolio section, but what is the problem? is this already fixed? I can see they are working normally?

Hi Noda,

the problem is, when you just mouse over the black-white images: You have the white box appearing with the title and description that covers most of the image (that’s what I want to keep), but in addition a little grey box popping up with again the title surrounded by bits of HTML code. It looks like a tool tip. It’s this little grey box that I want to remove.

HI there

Sorry but this HTML tooltip, it can not be removed, at least from this template. One solution is to remove alt tags from your images and in this case, tooltips will not appear

HI there

Sorry but this HTML tooltip, it can not be removed, at least from this template. One solution is to remove alt tags from your images and in this case, tooltips will not appear

Hello Noda,
the images in the slide show gallery don’t have alt tags. Only the black/white images have.
So I just tried it:

• removed the <alt> tag from b/w image: no change, tooltip still showing.

Then I removed <title> tag from 1st gallery image: tooltip not showing anymore, so it looks good. Only problem: when I click on b/w image to open the slide show gallery, the 1st image has no title. But I need a title there…

HI

Sorry, I messed title with an alt tag
Try to use something else but not title tag, for example, h2 or any other HTML tag, you just need to render the text

Hello,
thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, it didn’t work. I tried to replace the <title> tag with <p> or <h1> or <h2>, but it didn’t show up. The only text tag that seems to be supported there is the title tag.

I also tried to play around with pointer-events, but if set to “none”, the click function is disabled as well, but I just want to disable the hover/ mouse-over function.

hey there

You have to remove this title tag here in a tag: Screenshot by Lightshot

Hello Noda,
yes, that’s something I tried earlier. It removes the “tooltips” popping up, which is what I want.
BUT it also removes the title of the first slide in the gallery and that’s not good. I would like to keep the titles underneath the slides in gallery view.

hi

Send me your FTP details here, I will fix it

Can you send me your email? I will send you the HTML file.

Hi

No, I can help only if you send FTP details here,
Please note, this is HTML template, the thing you are dealing with is basic HTML, these templates are usually not supported because and it’s depending on your knowledge,

Hi Noda,
thanks, but as mentioned before I’m not allowed to send out the log-in details, because I share the server with others.

Hi there

It’s up to you, but you can share temporary user just for this directory

Just seeing this as I scroll around in the forum looking for boxus posts, and wanted to say WOW! Nice use of the template. Your site looks great!

Cheers, James.

Thanks James :slight_smile:

Going to mark this case as resolved