Google fonts locally

I would like to install manually google fonts on the sever. More or less I know how to do it:

1. create child theme
  2. download google fonts
  3. upload them
  4. insert css into styles sheet
    5. make sure that the theme does not load the fonts anymore from Google

How do I perform point 5? When I check my website with chrome and developer tools and look under the source-tab, I cannot find the fonts.googleapis.com entry but ajax.googleapis.com instead. Is that the file I have to look for?

kind regards and thank you for your help
Wilfried

Hey there

Dazzling use default fonts of the system, it’s not loading google fonts, so, once you load google fonts just assign it by custom CSS to the elements, and that’s it :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for the answer. That means, that fonts are still downloaded from an external server? What about data protection, are personal data like IP-addresses transferred?
I just want to cut off any connection to any server and want to use only locally stored fonts. How to do that?
Thanks for an answer and kind regards
Wilfried

Hi

No, fonts are not downloaded, its a system default font :slight_smile: this means the site will use default fonts available on your machine browser, its not downloaded from anywhere

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your answer, that was exactly what I wanted to know.
kind regards
Wilfried

Have a nice week Widlfra :slight_smile: