Front page length/size changing / adding front page's sections / adding pages

Sorry for (probably) dumb question, but I am completely new to all this…

In the Shapely theme I’m trying to build my site on, in the theme’s presentation page, I see different “sections” (or “boxes”, I think they’re called?)… eg. “We change everything”, “SEO friendly”, Portfolio section", “Small Parallex section” etc.

Can I add as many sections as I want? And if yes, is there a front-page length?

Also please explain how I can add new pages, so when the viewer clicks on a button for any of these front page sections, they will be taken to a new page which covers the section topic in detail.

Hey there,

Yes, you can edit all those sections and add them into the homepage, we have a nice documentation on how they work, please check it here:

Creating a new page is a question completely related to WordPress. Please refer to a beginner tutorial on how WordPress works.

Regards,

1 Like

Thank you for your reply! :pray:

I will read the documentation and watch the related videos in it! Thanks!

I briefly watched the 3rd video (“Set up front/home page”) and it says that “this video is ONLY for those who skip the Import Demo content”. What does that mean? I don’t remember if I imported any of this content… I am building my front page on the Shapely theme and am using my images in it. Does this mean that this video tutorial is NOT for me?

About creating new pages that you said I should refer to Wordpress tutorials: Can you please link any tutorials that you know are good (for beginners) that will show me how to create new pages (NOT the front page), so that when I press a button, like a “See More” button, on Shapely’s front page I will be taken to the next page that shows this “more”? (I assume that this is what you understood that I meant by “creating a new page”)

Thanks again!!

Hey there,

“I briefly watched the 3rd video” - yes, if you did not imported demo then you can pass that chapter.

There are hundreds of tutorials in the web on how to create new pages in wordpress:

Regards,

1 Like

thank you! Will watch this right away! So when I am building my site on the Shapely theme, and I add a new page (so that I can click a button on the front page and be taken to this new page, will this new page be related to the Shapely theme as well, or will it just be an “irrelevant” new/blank page?

Hey there,

It will be a blank page :slightly_smiling_face: this is how it should be by default in WordPress, every theme works like this.

Regards,

1 Like

Thank you!!

Please tell me whether on the front page I can add as many sections as I want (which would make the front page longer (more stuff/blocks to scroll down to and see)? And if yes, is there a front-page max “length”, or can I keep adding as much as I want?

Hi @noun

I think you can’t add as many sections as you want, some sections also are not possible to duplicate.

Regards,

1 Like

OK how many do you think? Would 10 or 20 be possible?

Do you have any restrictions as to how big (long) the front page can be?

Hi there,

I can’t provide any numbers because I have not tried before, you just need to work on it :slight_smile:

Regards,

1 Like

Thank you - Will do! :slight_smile:

Please tell me if there’s a quick way to add blocks to the front page so as to increase the front page’s size. Is this in the menu somewhere, or is it some css command etc?

And is there a way to rearrange the blocks’ order in the theme’s front page?

Or duplicate a block so that I can, say, insert a new “Small parallax” block under the original, so that they both have the same functionality/look (but obv different media from one another)?

Instead of images can I upload videos in each of the blocks? And if I can, will they have a play button, or will they play while hovering over them?

*By “blocks”, I have understood that we are taking about the entire “section” of the front page (for example, in the “Limitless Options” section (here Front Page - Shapely Demo), we are talking about the entire area that includes the image, the which background around it, and the button. Right? (Just so I get my “terms” right!) :slight_smile: