Footer Link

Hi,

My site is www.forkonaroad.com and I am trying to add a hotlink in the footer for the privacy policy and terms and conditions but it does not allow for an ‘a herf’ link tag, please advice.

Thank you,

Suman

Hello Suman

You have to use a child theme and footer.php in this case :slight_smile:

Hi

I am using the Activello child theme and could you guide me by tracing out the steps and any snippet code that I need to follow to add the links to the footer.

Thanks,

Suman

GOod morning

Yes, i can show you how to do it, please use this plugin to create temporary access for us, its automatic login link and does not requires sharing your admin details. here is How To guide. at the and don’t forget about  “Set as private reply” at the bottom of the message box

I already have the Footer.php in my child theme, could you recommend the snippet and where to post it without remote access? In the past I did not have to provide remote access, I can follow the steps you provide.

here’s the footer php code attached.

Thank you,

Suman

hey there

Well, this is possible but may take little bit longer, you can add any HTML code before this php code:

Please note, basic html knowledge is necessary to make such changes

This is how it might look:

https://pastebin.com/8FdhGbPQ

Hi Noda,

So in the link you provided - where exactly would I add the HTML code if you can help pinpoint it and it would be more helpful if you could pinpoint it on my attached file that I had posted to this thread.

The other sample code may not be everything I need and could break other things on the footer.

So please help and I do know how to add an AHERF link in HTML. That’s as basic as I know :slight_smile:

Thank you,

Suman

Hey there

I guess it will be easier if you allow me to do this for you :slight_smile:

Please use this plugin to create temporary access for us, its automatic login link and does not requires sharing your admin details. here is How To guide. at the and don’t forget about  “Set as private reply” at the bottom of the message box