White space between Navbar and content

Hey there!

I’m running Sparkling on my page for a while now, but lately a strange problem occured. On some machines an empty space between the nav bar and the content appeares. Sometimes refreshing the page makes it disappear, sometimes it stays, and on some machines it doesn’t occur at all. See the attached picture for an example where it occurs exactly. This problem occurs on every subpage, no matter the content. I could not find the source for the problem, as it seems to occur with different browsers on different machines.

Some troubleshooting leads me to believe that the problem might be connected to the .site-header class, rather than the content. Setting the .site-header margins negative fixes the problems on machines where it occurs, but breaks the page for those that do not have that problem.

It seems some users had a similar problem with the Shapely theme (e.g. https://colorlibsupport.com/t/white-space-under-shapely-header-above-content-section/). There, it seems connected to the shapely_home_parallax class and its paddings. However, I could not find out what the corresponding class of the Sparkling theme would be.

I hope you can help me with this issue!

Here is a link to the website with the issue

Hey there

I tried number of times and this is what I have: Screenshot by Lightshot I can’t see any white space above the content, is this fixed? what is your browser?

Thanks for your reply!

I’m primarily using Firefox, but I’ve had reports of this happening with Chrome, too. However, on one of my machines, the problem does not occur whereas on the other it occurs persistently (both with Firefox). On the machine I’m currently using, the problem occurs with Firefox, but not with Edge.

I’m having a really hard time pinning down the problem, since it seems so hard to reproduce. Any further advice would be appreciated!

Good morning

ok, please try this code and let me know results:

#masthead {
margin-bottom: 78px !important;
}

This seems to have done the trick. Thank you so much!

That’s it :slight_smile:

I will close this case now, Feel free to contact us again if you have other questions

Thanks!