Several problems since the udapte of wordpress... Need help

Hello, my site has many problems since the update of Wordpress… :confused:
Following the update I can not customize the header and the footer. But the most annoying is the navigation,
because you can only click once on each clickable elements (like in the menu or button) and after need to refresh the page…
There is also when I want to edit elements (pictures, shortcodes…) this causes display bugs…
for example if I want to import an image in my portfolio, this one disappears … I must then click twice on the eye so that it reappears, is very annoying…

Even though I created a child theme, now I’am afraid to udapt Wordpress…

If anyone can help me, it would be great !
thank you in advance !

Hello,

I hope you are doing well today.

Please go to Dashboard > Updates and install all pending updates there as there maybe a theme update that is missing.

Best Regards,
Support

Hello,
It’s going well thank you, and and you ?

Before working on my site I always make sure to update everything when it is notified.
The only one I have to install is the new Wordpress update, but I do not want to break something yet…

Do you think I have to install it ?

The first time I updated the theme, I had problems but by disabling some pluggings everything was back in order.
But now I really do not know what to do …

Thank you in advance !
Best Regards

Hello,

I am great thanks for asking.

You can install the update but I would recommend that you use the following plugin to make a child theme for the customization changes and make a backup before installing the update using updraft plus:

Once you have created the backup then you can go ahead and run the install.

Best Regards,
Support

Okay thank you for this additional information. Sorry for the response time.

I’m going to try, but that will not solve my current problems no ?

(I do not understand the usefulness of creating a child theme manually …)

have a good day
Best Regards

Hello,

I hope you are doing well today.

Using a child theme allows you to make changes to the child theme and not the parent theme so when the theme updates in the future, it does not affect the child theme which contains all of the changes, it is a precaution so you do not need to do it.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

I got the problem. My big problem came when you did the update the 10th January of your theme… Now, my site has many bugs, like I can not use the menu, when you click on the categories it does not go down. When you are at the bottom of the website, you click on the button to go top, and… it does nothing. This is like the different buttons of the website are totally buged, they do not work when you hit them. The navigation part of the website is bugged.

Something else, the logo is shown small on the website, but the picture is bigger than that, before your update on January, it was great, but now the logo is bad looking…

Is there any way to come back to the past version of your theme ? Or to update it with major fixes ? Because my website is currently looking so bad and does not work at all… Please help me…

Thank you

Regards

Lise

Hello Lise,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused here.

The maybe other updates that are needed, such as updates for WordPress, please go to Dashboard > Updates and install all pending updates available there.

Best Regards,
Support