Nav Bar and Header Problems

Hello,

I’m using the Travelify theme; initially when I set up the site I had an issue getting the child theme to work, but eventually I found the tutorial you have that makes it easy. I moved all my customization’s over to the child theme to update to version 3.0. I’ve run into two issues (my website is http://crtraveling.com):

1. In a previous tutorial you showed how I could display both text and the logo in the header by editing the header-extensions.php file. I’ve done it the same as before, and no matter if I add it to the child theme directory or the parent, the H2 text now will not display below my logo.

2. The last item in my menu is “Navigation”; that was not there previously, it’s not in the list of menu items, and I can’t figure out how to remove it.

Ok, I was able to get item 1 fixed. Still not sure about the second one though.

Hi @tylrwnzl,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting here.

2) The last item in my menu is “Navigation”; that was not there previously, it’s not in the list of menu items, and I can’t figure out how to remove it.
I could confirm the issue on my test site and reported this to the theme developer so that t can be fixed.

In the meanwhile you can fix the issue by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Travelify Other Options

#main-nav select option:last-child,
#main-nav li.default-menu {
  display: none;
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi,

I have the same issue on site:

However the code I inserted above does not appear to work?

Hi @rebecca,

I troubleshooted it on your shared site and found it’s not working because you are using the following code and not the code that i have shared above.

.main-nav li.default-menu {
  display: none;
}

Please notice the difference between # and . in the shared code so please use the exact code that i have shared above.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi, I now have this error, ‘Navingation’ on three sites all using the ‘Travelify’ theme.
See www.mandritsara.org.uk as an example.
If I go to Appearance, then Menus there is no page or post in the main menu called ‘Navigation’.
If you click on ‘Navigation’ it takes you to the home page.

How can I get rid of ‘Navigation’ from the menu bar? Does it need an upgrade by Colorib?

Just found the code in an above answer:

#main-nav li.default-menu { display: none; }

Which works just fine. Thanks!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Hi there,

Just want to update here that the issue is resolved in the latest released version of Travelify theme.

Cheers,
Movin