How to get Category Description to show in Travelify Child Theme

Hi,

How can I get category description to show in Travelify Child Theme please?

Thanks
Tanya

Good morning Tanya

Sorry but there is no option for this and without template modification, this is not possible to achieve :frowning:

Hi,

That’s really frustrating I desperately need to be able to add a description to categrory pages. Is there not some custom css code I can add?

Any help from anyone would be greatefully received, if I can’t do it I’ll have to change themes and I really don’t want to have to do that!

Thanks
Tanya

Hello,

I hope you are doing well today.

You can try using the following third party plugins to try and achieve this but please keep in mind that we do not provide support third party plugins:

Another option is to enlist the aid of a third party developer to customize the theme, one of which you can find here:
https://colorlib.com/out/envatostudio

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,

Thanks I don’t want to add another plug in to my site.

I’d actually prefer to customise the css code myself so am hoping someone on here can give me directions how to do this to achieve the desired result. I’m assuming it’s just a few lines of code that need to be added to the functions.php file.

Hopefully someone can help?

Thanks
Tanya

Good evenin Tanya

Sorry, but just with css you can’t fix this problem, when it related to css you can rely on us but this case is not about css

Hi,

O.K. so if it doesn’t just involve css please can you explain what else it involves as I can probably customise it myself if I know what I need to look at. So if it’s not just CSS what else needs amending please?

Thanks
Tanya

Dear Tanya sorry but this requires knowledge of php and WordPress functions if you don’t have experience with this stuff without someone else you can’t solve it, im sorry once again, this is what customization means

Hi,

Yes I know what customisation means, I also have some knowledge of css and php. I have already made some customisations to my travelify child theme before! I’m just not an expert!

So all I’m asking is if someone on here knows the css code I need to use so I can amend the css in my functions.php file so I can get the description too appear!

Please can someone help with this?

Thanks
Tanya

Hello @tanyakorteling,

Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

This would be an advanced customization so we do not assist with these kinds of customizations but we can point you in the right direction.

In this case, you will have to edit the themes template files which use PHP and add new code that displays the category description. You will have to add the code to multiple places in the theme depending on where you want the content displayed.

Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
Support