Fonts take 30 minutes to update

Why does it take about 30 minutes for fonts to update after I make any changes and push to live? The fonts revert back to plain fonts with white text and then in 30 minutes or so, the formatting kicks in?

Hey there

Most probably you are using a caching plugin, usually changes are immediately applied :slight_smile:

1 Like

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 10.25.48 AM
Yes, I did, however, the problem still exists.

The plugin from your screenshot is not activated, so, it will not affecting anything :

Right, so there must be some other reason that this is happening. Just to give more detail, I am using a staging site and then “push to live” from staging. Do you think something is occurring during the push to live that may be causing it?

I will post an example of the “before and after” to illustrate what I mean about the font styles being delayed when I push an update. I will post the screenshots in a subsequent reply when I have an opportunity to document the time delay, etc. Thanks so much for providing feedback and assistance on this issue I am having.

Hi

Well, yes, that’s might be one of the reason as well, most probably your hosting has a built-in caching system as well, please check it too

It’s hard to debug such problems when you don’t see it

I believe it was CLOUDFLARE that was causing it. Once I disabled that from the web hosting portal, everything seems to be updating properly in real time. Thanks for pointing me in that direction !

Nice to hear that :slight_smile:

IM going to close this case now