Dazzling Child Theme

Hi @4alex,

1) before activating/working with child theme, must I have no changes to the parent theme, ie. css and/or php (header). In other words, must the parent theme be void of any customisations (at least via css or php)? (currently I have a top bar above the navigation that was added via header.php and customisations via css options; must I get rid of this codes in parent theme and add to child theme?)

You can keep the code added in the Custom CSS option of the theme but you should rever all changes made in the parent theme and add it though child theme. This is because if you make changes in the parent theme file then you have to make these changes again after theme updation as changes made in the parent theme files get lost on theme updation.

2) once activated, do I work with the child theme in a similar way to the parent theme (i.e. can make changes directly in editor area, css, etc. of the child theme) ?

Yes you will get all the parent theme options in the child theme and can work with it similar way.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi @emil11,

Your question is not related with this topic so to help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/dazzling/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Thanks,
Movin

Hi!
Some weeks ago I discovered my site www.archaeologicalbodies.com stopped being visible. It used a Dazzling Child theme. Today I uploaded the update of the dazzling theme directly through ftp with the result that yes it is now visible again but totally scrambled, it has lost links with the media library i some cases and all posts of 2015 are gone.
What can I do to change this?
I already had problems earlier this year when the site completely changed. presumably after an update of the dazzling theme. I had to pay someone to rectify it. To have this happening again is very irritating.

Really grateful for any help!

@bregje This is old topic and to help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/dazzling/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

Thank you!

hi

I did a blunder yesterday with my site while trying to do some coding thing in functions.php files, I am explaining below what I did exactly kindly see if anything could be done.

I am using dazzling theme and yesterday I was trying to remove footer text “theme by colorlib powered by wordpress” and in the process I installed and activated dazzling child theme then under appreance>editor in functions.php file and css files I pasted some codes which were mentioned in one of the thread at support forum of dazzling and clicked on update file but nothing was happening to that footer text so I deleted those codes and clicked on update files again and logout from wordpress admin, since then I am not able to see my site.

When I type my url it shows below screen, can’t even login to wp-admin.

“Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/digitalfreshers/public_html/wp-content/themes/dazzling-child/functions.php:21) in /home/digitalfreshers/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1167”

Kindly help, dont know what to do.

hey,

sorry i forgot to mention that i password protected my url.
the password is 123@abc and url is digitalfreshers.in

@askforvandana Have you read the reply i posted previously in which i requested to create separate topic?

where is the header.php file ?

@muslim23 It is in the Dazzling theme directory. Have you read the reply i posted previously in which i requested to create separate topic?

I just downloaded and installed the Dazzling Child Theme and was expecting to see some of the options that I see in the documentation on-line. I do not see 'Theme Options" under the Appearance tab??

@jprout65 In the recent version of theme all theme options are now moved to WordPress customizer that you can find in the admin area under Appearance >> Customize. All settings are still there but now you can tweak everything on a live preview. This change is made due to wordpress.org recommendation.

I installed the dazzling theme and created a child them. None of the posts appear like the way it is in the demo.

www.centsibleketo.com is the site.

1. How can incorporate thumbnail images on the front page next to the posts?
  2. How can I display slider images? I customized for slider images but I do not know how to setup?
    I appreciate any help.
    thanks

@jgeorge1012 To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/dazzling/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.