Counselor Template - Blog use

HI,
I like the Counselor website template and see it has been designed with blog pages

As it html, how can a client add new blog pages or reply to posts. Do you have any advice on this?

The only option I can think of is adding the blog pages to wordpress in a subdirectory for the blog. I’m not sure if this would work in practice though.

Thank You
Laurie

Hi Laurie

Thank you for question
Well, yes, that is one of the ways to do it, however, you may have a different style on blog pages nor similar to entire site, instead of it you may think about how to turn this HTML template to Wordpress them :wink:

Mmmmm… not the answer I was hoping for, but I did expect it.

So, it’s possible to design the website with html+css php etc (my preferred choice) and then have it converted to ‘Wordpress’ for the client. I’ve found this company that offer a conversion service ‘wordsuccor.com’ Maybe you’ve heard of them.

Thank You

Hello Laurie

" it’s possible to design the website with html+css PHP etc (my preferred choice) and then have it converted to ‘WordPress" - Well, this is possible but I would not recommend you to do this, instead if you already have HTML website designed (I mean, template, not fully assembled website) go ahead and convert it first into WordPress and once you get into WordPress only after this populate site with the content, its easier than first create fully functional HTML site and then convert it to WordPress

I did not hear about them, there are many companies offer similar service, you can also reach me for this kind of custom works :wink:

Have a good day

Thanks for the reply,

Wow… I’ve been looking for days now on this problem. What I’d really like is the main site says hosting as html etc. and only the two pages used for the blog (blog list and blog post) to be on ‘Wordpress’ Even if I just try and convert the header and footer into ‘Wordpress’. I tried it, but failed, but I’m having another go.

As you mention I could contact you regarding this would that be possible. Unfortunately I won’t be using ‘Counselor’

I’ve also come across other options, some complicated, some not, but still can decide as it mean’s buying just for testing purposes. I’ve found ‘simplescripts’ they have a php script that can be added using an iframe for the blog. Jekyll is another option which would require html conversion.

I realise this is not a support question anymore and understand if you do not reply.

Thanks

Hey there

Well, first of all, thank you for understanding, Im replying to all ticket :slight_smile:

mm, basically technology you want to choose depends on the project, I think Jeckyll is not needed here, anything can be solved in the WordPress, you just need good experience with it and nothing else :slight_smile:

Thanks again

Hi, so WP says that if I’m having an issue installing a theme, to contact the creator. That’s you! I’m trying to install Counselor, but I keep getting an error message that says there is no style.css file, though I can see it clearly in the zip file. How can I deal with this? Thanks!

Hey there

Yes, indeed it happens because this is not the WordPress theme, its an HTML template and you cant install it as a WordPress theme :slight_smile: