Conflict Travelify with updated Wordpress?

Dear Colorlib,

I have updated Wordpress to 5.2.1, and my website doesn’t show anymore. The support of my host says it is a conflict of the theme. We use Travelify. What can be wrong here?

Thanks in advance.
Alexander

Hello,

I hope you are doing well today.

Could you please provide a link to your website so that I can inspect it?

Best Regards,
Support

bbgerlachus.nl
The site doesn’t show at this moment, and I can’t get in teh wp-backend because of:
[27-May-2019 11:11:30 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_paused_themes() in /home/bbgerlachus/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-theme.php on line 374
Hope that gives a clue. Possibly the Travelify-version does not work with the new updated WP, or with PHP.

Regards,
Alexander

Hello,

When you contacted the host they should have went in and disabled the theme for you so please contact them once more and have them disable the theme for you.

Also, have them update your PHP version to 5.6 or higher.

Best Regards,
Support

The problem is that I cannot enter wp-admin, and they claim they do. Disabling the theme is tricky, as there is no other theme, I added nothing new. Was there an update of Travelify recently?

I have added a screenshot showing PHP 5.6 is installed, unfortunately this does not help.

Regards,
Alexander

Good evening Alexander

1. login to your website from your hosting, use file manager and rename theme folder, (if necessary add one of default WordPress theme in theme directory) your site will work after this
  2. when i see in the error message is not related to the theme, no mention of the theme file its WordPress file
  3. Update your PHP version to 7.0 or above, this is a requirement of WordPress: News – Minimum PHP Version update – WordPress.org

let me know results :wink:

Dear Colorlib support,

The host points at the theme and functions of the theme that are not there. On Wordpress I found that there may be a conflict of Travelify with recent versions of Wordpress, due to the fact that the theme is not updated over the last two years. I think I have to change the theme. Does Colorlib have a theme that has the same big posts-slider along with a changing header photo, that is updated and will stay here for some time?

See screenshot attached.

Bye for now,
Alexander

Dear Alexander

" On WordPress I found that there may be a conflict of Travelify with recent versions of WordPress" - what exactly you found? can you show me a screenshot?
I’m almost sure this is not theme problem and arguing this is a conflict with the new WordPress without making necessary steps is not the best thing :slight_smile:
We have a second blog theme Activello:

Dear Colorlib,
I did send you a screenshot of the remark on Wordpress.org. If that is a false statement I think this is something between Colorlib and Wordpress. If I search for Travelify on the themes page I do not find it anymore. For me this is all abacadabra. The only thing I know now is:

• My site does not work
  • The host points at a problem with the theme
  • Wordpress says the theme is not updated for two years, and may cause problems with newer versions of WP.
    My conclusion is: find another theme. Unfortunately, because we were very pleased with Travelify. But now our site is white, as is the admin page of Wordpress.
    I shall have a look at Activello. Thanks for the advise.
    Bye for now, Alexander

Hello,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by this but thank you for letting us know that you are switching themes.

Please feel free to contact us with any more questions.

Best Regards,
Support