Blaskan theme - problems with Home page

I’m revamping my now staid and much too formal site into something more casual and simple. I chose Blaskan because of its simplicity in appearance. I had been using Lodestar. Currently, I have a “construction” page loading but am happy to add colorlib as an administrator if need be. My url is https://sherreymeyer.com.

I have previously been using “home” as a welcome page, and with Blaskan I want to use it as my blog post page with excerpts and featured images with right sidebar. Sometimes it loads pretty well, but often it appears to have images over other images, too much space between post excerpts. Also, there is a black button at the top of the first excerpt which reads “older posts” as well as the words “older posts” appearing at the bottom of the page on the white background.

The other thing baffling me is the social icons menu. I followed your tutorial and still don’t see the social media links at the top of the header.

Can someone help me out?

Hey there

“but often it appears to have images over other images” - Can i see this problem? if its possible please deactivate coming soon page temporary and i will check it
“Also, there is a black button at the top of the first excerpt which reads “older posts” as well as the words “older posts”” - I also want to see this problem :slight_smile:

Noda, thanks for your quick response. I’ve deactivated the “coming soon page” plugin. Let me know if you need anything more from me.

Hello,

I hope you are doing well today.

There was a new update for WordPress version 5.0.1, so you may need to install that, you can do so via Dashboard > Updates and install the updates there.

Now, for the home page, you can select what page you want to assign as the homepage and the blog page via Settings > Reading > Your homepage displays and select the option “A static page (select below)”, this will allow you to select the page that you want to use as a Homepage and blog page.

Best Regards,
Support

Your response doesn’t address the issues in my original request. FYI, I am running WordPress 5.0.1.

Please see attached screenshot of homepage as it loads for me. I have determined the images laying on top of one another was a result of the customizer menu being open. However, note please the black label for “older posts” that hides part of the first post title.

Also, I can’t get my social media menu to show in the header area.

A f/u to last post. I went back to my customizing process only to find my home page looking like the attached screenshot with images layering over the first blog post excerpt.

Good morning @sherreym

Coming soon mode is still enabled, i think would be better if you create temporary access details for us :frowning:
i see problem on the screenshot but cant investigate them

Noda, I’m happy to provide temp access. In order to do that, I need an email address to include in the registration. If you can provide me with that address, I can set everything up and send you the details soon. Thanks for your continued patience and perseverance!

Just use your email address, or something else for temporary use :slight_smile:
you can also use this method. use this plugin to create temporary access for us, its automatic login link and does not requires sharing your admin details. here is How To guide. at the and don’t forget about  “Set as private reply” at the bottom of the message box  

BTW, Noda, I pulled out an old theme I purchased and hadn’t used for awhile (it’s been updated all along so it’s compatible with WordPress) and I think I’m going to use it for now. Realized how much I really liked it. Thanks for all your help.

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know.
We would be glad to have you use our themes in the future.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi, I am trying to shrink the space between the top of the page and the site title. There is just a lot of white space there and hoping to remove some. Any additional css that can be used? Thanks as an example: http://jim.reswimclub.org/index.php/about-us/

You will see a ton of white space between the top of the page and title and then from the menu to the content. I have
/*remove header on home page */
.page .custom-header {
display: none;
}
to remove the header image on non-main pages.

hey there

Please add this CSS in appearance - customize - additional CSS

.site-title {
margin: 2px 0px;
}
.site-branding {
padding: 10px 0;
}
header#masthead {
margin-bottom: 10px;
}

Thanks!