Back up *ALL* Pixova-Lite Settings for transition to Child theme

Hi Pixova Lite Support,
I’m not sure if this functionality exists (if not this would be a feature request).
I am using an extensively customized Pixova Lite theme, some done via Pixova Settings, and a great deal done via CSS.
I wanted to make some changes to the actual layout of the footer, so I created a child theme.
I transferred over the CSS from the customize menu to the style.css in the child theme, and put the modified footer.php in the child theme folder as well.
I backed up the site, then changed to the child theme.

It was immediately apparent that the Pixova Lite theme settings did not carry over - the parallax banner image was different, the homepage sections were different etc.

I know that there is a Pixova Lite Settings page - so I reverted the site and opened up the Pixova Lite settings page.
I noticed that this file seems to only contain a small subset of the Pixova Lite theme settings. It doesn’t contain the homepage section configurations as I see no url for the parallax image in the document that would indicate it is backed up.

My question is:
Is there a way to export ALL of the customization settings and restore them after activating the child theme?

I would really not enjoy having to go through all the customization menus and make manual notes of how each is set and then re-set all of these by hand after the child theme is activated.

If this isn’t an option, I see that the default WP themes include an Import/Export option in the Customizer menu that can serve as a starting point to replicate the functionality for the specific settings of the Pixova Lite theme.

With appreciation for your consideration,

Hi there

No, such functionality does not exist in the theme, such functions are not allowed to be included in the WordPress theme, however, you can try plugins like this to import/export customizer data:

such functions are not allowed to be included in the WordPress theme
Ah that must be a recent development.
you can try plugins like this to import/export customizer data: https://wordpress.org/plugins/customizer-export-import/
Awesome, thanks for the recommendation - I'll check it out.

Worked like a charm!
Many thanks @Noda!

You are welcome :slight_smile:

I will close this case now, Feel free to contact us again if you have other questions

Thanks!